Fascinating cultures. Erupting volcanoes. Global Positioning Systems. And bizarre foods. These topics and more are covered in this course! As students develop a foundation in map skills, they will also embark on a fascinating exploration of different cultures and people groups. (Of course, the best part of learning about other cultures is the food! Most classes will feature food and snacks from different regions of the world.)
Students will build their own atlas, play in-class games to learn country locations, engage in hands-on activities (like geo-caching), “travel” to other countries (via videos, food tastings, a foreign currency project, etc.), and be encouraged to pray for people groups worldwide.
- North Star Geography by Tyler Hogan, Bright Ideas Press
- DK Flags of the World Ultimate Flag Sticker Book (available from My Father’s World)
- Rand McNally Classroom Atlas (available from My Father’s World)
- Internet access and computer
*Meets the graduation requirements for either:
- One of the mandatory Social Studies credits (if approved by your cover school)
- Or an elective.
Grades: 9th – 12th
Class Fee: $400
Supply Fee: $90
Tutor: Kim Erickson