This exciting 30 week hour and a half class is a beginners guide to shooting and editing video, learning new production techniques and hands-on work to improve video-making skills. Group and solo projects include drama & comedy shorts, TV commercials, music videos and simple films. Changing roles will be assigned to foster teamwork and group goals. Skills will be taught in:
- Sound and audio editing
- Lights (how to light a set)
- Shooting (when to zoom and when not to)
- Writing (scripts, storyboards)
- Editing (software)
- Smartphone with min 3gb memory, 8mp camera (Android or Iphone)
- Editing software (Imovie, Kinemaster, Capcut, Lightworks, Etc) (most are free)
- (recommended but not required) Reliable mid-spec desktop or laptop (minimum Intel i3 chipset or fast AMD chipset, 8GB RAM or higher, 1gb storage or higher, Win 7 or higher or Mac 10.9 or higher). Computer can remain at home.
Class Homework: will be given out weekly in the form of shorts (TV commercial, how-to video, etc). Group projects will be done in class (reality shows, TV newscast, etc).
Class Fee: $350
Books and Supply Fee: $75
Tutor: David Pickett