Pre-Algebra is designed to provide students with a strong foundation for Algebra 1 and Geometry. Students will be provided weekly lesson videos made by the tutor and practice problems for daily practice. Class time will be spent reinforcing video lessons through review games, extended practice, and learning problem solving skills.
Students will need to come to class having viewed the lessons and completed their daily homework assignments. To assess students understanding of the material, quizzes and tests will be given in a stress-free environment. This class is a full curriculum.
Pre-Algebra is a 30-week course, meeting for 90 minutes a week.
Chapter concepts include the following:
- Solving Equations and Inequalities
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Integers
- Exponents and Scientific Notation
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Rational Numbers
- Collecting, Displaying, and Analyzing Data
- Plane Geometry
- Perimeter, Area, and Volume
- Ratios, Rates, and Proportions
- Decimals, Fractions, and Percents
Curriculum: Holt Pre-Algebra
Note: A textbook will be provided and will need to be returned at the end of the school year.
Link to view (not purchase) textbook: Holt Pre-Algebra: Student Edition 2004: HOLT, RINEHART AND WINSTON: 9780030696091: Amazon.com: Books
Class Homework requirements: Daily lesson videos and practice will be assigned
Time: 10:45 – 12:15
Grades: advanced 6 – 8
Class Fee: $400
Books (for rent) and supply fee: $85
Tutor: Melanie Rickett