This course will cover American history from its earliest foundations to modern times. This will be a 30 week course presented from a conservative and non-revised standpoint. It will be a unit type study incorporating lectures, outside reading, class discussions and activities. We will use timelines and literature that was prevalent at the time to help the student actually get a strong picture of history and its importance to us today.
Coursework utilizes outside reading, reviews, pretests, classroom activities, mapping exercises, worksheets, quizzes, and tests. Students will work together to create a classroom illustrated timeline. Additional literature books will be provided when required.
Students will be exposed to our history from a Christian Worldview and see some of the consequences of the moral superlatives and failures over our country’s existence and learn from our brief history as a nation both what to repeat and what to avoid.
I will provide a student workbook, lesson review and the outside reading listed below as the curriculum. These will be covered by the class fees.
Curriculum: America the Beautiful Charlene Notgrass
- Growing Up Dakota by Charles Eastman
- Amos Fortune: Free Man by Elizabeth Yates
- Brady by Jean Fritz
- Bound for Oregon by Jean Van Leeuwen
- Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
- Blue Willow by Doris Gates
- Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
- Katy’s Box by Mary Evelyn Notgrass McCurdy
Class Homework requirements: Outside reading books will span the units of study.
Time: 9:00 – 10:30
Class Fee: $395
Supply fee: $100
Tutor: Jimmy Lawson