This exciting 30 week hour and a half class is for students that want to make better videos, learn new media skills or follow a media production track in college or career. This class will introduce students to basic and intermediate skills for audio and video production as well as promote team building. Skills will be taught in:
- Sound (announcing, live recording, audio editing)
- Lights (how to light a set, white balancing)
- Shooting (when to zoom, focus, composition)
- Writing (scripts, storyboards)
- Non-linear editing (audio & video software, terms, operation)
- Smartphone with min 3gb memory, 8mp camera (Android or Iphone)
- Video editing software (Imovie, Kinemaster, Capcut, Lightworks, Etc) (most are free)
- (Recommended but not required) Reliable mid-spec desktop or laptop (minimum Intel i3 chipset or fast AMD chipset, 8GB RAM or higher, 1gb storage or higher, Win 7 or higher or Mac 10.9 or higher). Computer can remain at home.
Students will create action and comedy short-form videos, commercials and other projects. Group projects will give students ability to adapt to changing and different roles (camera operator, lights, sound, editing, director, producer, talent).
Class Homework: will be given out regularly in the form of shorts (creating a webcam rant, tv commercial, how-to video, etc). Group projects will be done in class (reality shows, TV newscast, etc).
Time: 2:35 – 4:05
Class Fee: $350
Books and Supply Fee: $75
Tutor: David Pickett