This 15 week, second semester class teaches computer application skills in order to prepare students for their future, regardless of their career choice. In today’s high-tech, digital world, students need the necessary computer skills to be competitive and get noticed by employers. Using a hands-on approach, students will learn/improve correct keyboarding technique and create word processing documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more. We will use common software applications such as Microsoft Office and Google platforms.
Topics covered in this course
- To learn personal accountability for safe and responsible use of information technology
- Improve proficiency of common features in several application software programs
- Creative and innovative production of original presentations
- Basics of spreadsheets, formulas, and graphing
- Improved keyboard technique for proficient typing
- Resume writing and formatting
Required Materials: Students will need access to a laptop or tablet with a real keyboard and software such as Microsoft Office.
Class Homework requirements: 1-1.5hours per week
Time: 2:35-4:05, second semester only
Class Fee: $200
Supply fee: $35
Tutor: Jamie Reed
COVID-19 Contingency Plan:
In the event that the COVID-19 pandemic affects our ability to meet in person in a classroom for the 2021-22 school year, I will make the following adjustments to this class. Tutor and students will meet at the scheduled class time via a video chat service. Assignments can be submitted electronically, and feedback will be provided electronically. Our goal is to meet in person as soon as it is feasible. We may begin classroom meetings at any point during the school year as the COVID-19 situation resolves.