High School English 9/10 – IEW Level C, Following Narnia Volume 2: Aslan’s Country
This course combines literary analysis and essay writing to provide a foundation in important critical thinking and writing skills for High School, college and beyond.
Students will learn about setting, plot, characterization, imagery, allusions, parallelism, and much more.
Through the text, students will “learn advanced writing skills while exploring the enchanted land of Narnia through the Structure and Style® writing method.”
*Meets the literature and composition requirements for the mandatory High School English credit (if approved by your cover school); parents must add grammar.
- Following Narnia Volume 2: Aslan’s Country [Student Book only]
- Prince Caspian by CS Lewis
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis
- The Silver Chair by CS Lewis
- The Last Battle by CS Lewis
- Additional reading materials to be determined
- Internet access, computer and printer (all essays must be typed and assignments will be posted online)
Grades: 8th-12th grade
Class Fee: $400
Supply Fee: $60
Tutor: Kim Erickson